Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

iPhone X + app issues

AndiPants128
Explorer C

Since I’ve upgraded my device to the iPhone X last month, my app continues to say there’s a connection problem when there isn’t-every other app I use as well as on AND off WiFi works fine. I’ve called customer service and have not gotten any new input on why this is happening. It is to be noted that most apps are updated weekly to fix “bugs” but there’s not been any improvement noted on the SW app yet. Please help. 

13 REPLIES 13

Re: iPhone X + app issues

bec102896
Aviator A

Have you tried to delete the app and re install? 

Aowend
Explorer C

Am I correct that I cannot know if the free TV and movie WiFi is  working on my iPhone X until I am on board the flight ?  Last time I got an error message that Southwest was a unsecured site and could not sign on ...? I haven’t had problems in the past and I  tried through Safari getconnected.Southwest.com

And the app...neither worked :(((

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@Aowend wrote:

Am I correct that I cannot know if the free TV and movie WiFi is  working on my iPhone X until I am on board the flight ?  Last time I got an error message that Southwest was a unsecured site and could not sign on ...? I haven’t had problems in the past and I  tried through Safari getconnected.Southwest.com

And the app...neither worked :(((

If you have that airtime (sp? name?) app then you should be okay. 

getconnected.southwestWIFI.com

You (and other readers) can also try starting at southwest.com it should be whitelisted for access behind the paywall.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

@AndiPants128

Please send me some screenshots of the error messages that you see (or of the app being buggy in general if there is no error message) in a private message. We'll take a look and see what we can do. 

Explorer C

I am having the same problem with my iPhone X. And yes even when I delete the S WA app completely and reload it from the app store, I am still not able to get onto the app. The message just states: "sorry, you appear to be off-line.please check your connection and try again." I am certainly not off-line, and I have the S WA data turn on in my settings. I have no problem getting onto the S WA.com from my Browser on my iPhone and my PC.

LindseyD

Hi All!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the mobile app. If you can send me your phone type and some screenshots of the error messages you're receiving, I can pass those along to our mobile app team.

Billystarpip
Explorer C

Lindsay,

this is the message that I am getting when I try to log into my Southwest app on my iPhone X. 

When I log in using Rapid Rewards number and passwordWhen I log in using Rapid Rewards number and password

Thank you!

LindseyD

@Billystarpip and @Jcowart,

Thanks for reporting these issues. I've forwarded them on to our mobile app team for analysis and review. 

Lindsey

Community Manager

Southwest Airlines Community

Jcowart
Explorer C

I cannot get my Southwest app to let me in. I am on iPhone with OS 11.4. The message I am getting is: 

“Sorry we can’t seem to connect. Please check you connection and try again. Error: 500120309.  ()”

I, too, have unissntalled NTD reinstalled the app (twice today!) to try to fix it but it is t working. It just started doing this today!