Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

luv Voucher

Verniem1
Explorer C

my friedn has a luv voucher that he is giving to me do we have to transfer names or can i still use it with his name on it?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: luv Voucher

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

LUV vouchers are fully transferrable, so anyone with the voucher number and code can use it.

QGJohn59
Explorer C

Is this still accurate. I have a LUV Voucher in my wife's name, good until this coming Aug. And like the OP, I would like to use it towards a flight for my mother to come and visit. It has a Voucher Number and a Security Code. If I can, can she make the reservation in her SW account and just enter the Voucher Info. OR, do we need to make the booking logged in under my wife's SW Account and my mother can reimburse us for the amount above the $100 voucher? Thank you.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Vouchers are like cash. Anyone can use one.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

Vouchers are like cash. Anyone can use one.

And you should be able to use it no matter who is logged in at the time. 

If your mother doesn’t have her own account, add her and her details as a common traveler to save all the information and book it from your account. 

If she does then log in as herself to use the voucher. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

QGJohn59
Explorer C

Thanks. Mom has her own SW acct and she flies it more than us. We will just give her all the info because after the $100 is deducted, she will probably pay with points. She has SW CC and uses it for everything. This post was a little older so I didn't know if that changed.

Also, why does SW require us to make a separate account to use the "community". I already had a SW login, but it would not work here, so I had to create a separate one.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@QGJohn59 wrote:

Thanks. Mom has her own SW acct and she flies it more than us. We will just give her all the info because after the $100 is deducted, she will probably pay with points. She has SW CC and uses it for everything. This post was a little older so I didn't know if that changed.

Also, why does SW require us to make a separate account to use the "community". I already had a SW login, but it would not work here, so I had to create a separate one.

Let us know how it goes, the points+cash option is new this year but should work to accept a voucher wherever you could also pay with cash.

IMO it’s a good practice for separate accounts since your “main” Southwest account has access to your credit cards, flight confirmation numbers, etc. Better to have this one unlinked.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.