Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

medical emergency cancelled flight

LAETICUS
Explorer C

in august laST YEAR i BOOKED A TRIP TO SPEND XMAS IN nEW Orleansfor the wedding of myBrother in law.nooking refwas BPGWES. paid for two, (wife and I).on the day we were supposed toleave I suffered a massive brain hemorrhage which rewsulted in my goin to  ICUinstead where I had holes drilled inb my head to remove the blood, repair the blood vessel an I now have a plate iun my head and left side disability. I spent Xmjas in hospital, no fun at all. but lucky to be alive.recently tried to book a flight for us to go visit my bro in law and hid ne wifw for Thanksgiving in corpus Christyand hoped to use my unused flights from last DEcember but southweszt policies only allow you to us oup yo one year after original bookin (so I amscrewed since the booking was made in August an unless I book and fly on or before the date of the booking I lose over $750. to add insult to injury, I don't even have reward points for the fully paid treip. its a bummer all around. Thank you Southwest for nothing!

1 REPLY 1

Re: medical emergency cancelled flight

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Since you had a medical emergency, you may be granted a refund by supplying confirmation that you were unable to fly.

Lots of info on how to request a refund here:

https://www.southwest.com/html/customer-service/purchasing-and-refunds/refund-info-pol.html