Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

my carry ons

ladidottidoo
Explorer C

I would like to bring my crochet tote with me as I have lengthy lay-overs going both ways.  I woukd also like to bring my laptop plus  I carry a purse.  Is it acceptable to bring this on board with me if I can put my laptop and my purse into the same tote-bag?

Thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: my carry ons

cathyq
Explorer C

can i bring a crochet hook on board in my purse or carry on

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@cathyqwrote:

can i bring a crochet hook on board in my purse or carry on

Looks like yes.

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/whatcanibring/items/crochet-hooks

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@ladidottidoowrote:

I would like to bring my crochet tote with me as I have lengthy lay-overs going both ways.  I woukd also like to bring my laptop plus  I carry a purse.  Is it acceptable to bring this on board with me if I can put my laptop and my purse into the same tote-bag?

Thank you in advance.

Sorry to see that you didn't get a response on this before. Crochet hooks are yes.

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/whatcanibring/items/crochet-hooks

A laptop bag plus a purse is okay as-is.

A laptop bag, purse, and tote bag would be too many items and would need to be consolidated as you described.

The rules don't cover what you combine into the tote, i.e. if the purse goes in there it doesn't count separataely, it's only a tote as far as number of items is concerned.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

ladidottidoo
Explorer C

Zoiks! It's been so long since I submitted this question, I'd almost forgot I'd even asked it. I'd already thrown caution to the wind (no pun intended) and gone with my common sense. You just never know what's acceptable these days. Ironically, I'm fixin' to  take off on another "big adventure", so it's very nice to know that I can do the same thing with my carry-ons and not have to worry about any bad repercussions jumping up to bite me! 

Thanks, David......keep on dancing!