Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

new schedule release

rhomss
Explorer C

When will fares for Jan. 26-Feb. 6 be released?  Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6

Re: new schedule release

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @rhomss,

We don't have the dates set for that release yet, but you can check back here for updates!

asizemore
Explorer C

Why do you guys wait so long to release the dates? You guys are the only ones that havent released for March 2020.

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

@asizemore wrote:

Why do you guys wait so long to release the dates? You guys are the only ones that havent released for March 2020.

What's happening is pretty unusual.  SW normally opens schedules 6-7 months out. I suspect the airline is waiting for some indication about whether or not MAXs will be flying in early 2020. By then MAXs will make up 10% of the fleet. I'm pretty sure the airline doesn't want to run the risk of cancelling 10% of it's flights.

chrisjhill
Explorer C

I see the flights were released until Mar 6 2020 - unfortunately I need to book Mar 7-14th.   I understand the next release is scheduled for Sep 26th but was told to check back on site to see if date changes.  Where on the SWA site are release dates posted and how far before the release date, if changed, would it be updated?  Thanks - 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@chrisjhill wrote:

I see the flights were released until Mar 6 2020 - unfortunately I need to book Mar 7-14th.   I understand the next release is scheduled for Sep 26th but was told to check back on site to see if date changes.  Where on the SWA site are release dates posted and how far before the release date, if changed, would it be updated?  Thanks - 

Here's where you can check on the next release date. There is no way that I know of to predict if or when it might change.

https://www.southwest.com/air/flight-schedules/index.html?clk=GFOOTER-FLY-FLTSCHEDULES

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

While changes to our schedule release can happen at any time, you can find our most up to date plan anytime by following the steps in this link: When does Southwest extend its schedule?

Thanks!

Nicole
Community Manager