Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

peersonal

JamesKruse
Explorer C

Purchased two tickets in Aug to Montego Bay for period Jan 2-9, 2017 and had to cancel trip DUE TO HEALTH ,   Wife had two surgeries and I one since then.   Found out monies are held in trust for one year and it will cost an additional 200 to rebook flight in jAN 2, 2018  due to making an extension from Aug 2017 to Jan 2018.  Seems SWA should have an exception to the rules for these type problems as whne dealing with two different bookings makes our cost as much as regular fare rates.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: peersonal

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @JamesKruse,

Whenever a trip is cancelled, we do offer Customers the ability to apply the funds to future travel, as long as they are used by the expiration date. 

If your situation involves medical circumstances, I encourage you to contact our Customer Relations Department, where a Representative can take a look and see if an exception can be made to offer a refund.

thuyduong
Explorer C

Hi Linsey,

I got some funds to be applied to future travel and my question is for this future trip, does it have to be for the exact same people in the original trip (that was cancelled)? or I can use it anyway I want as long as it's before the expiration date?

My original trip was for myself, husband & our 2 teenagers. But our future trip will be at a peak season so only 2 of us can travel (we don't know which one of us can go but only 2, not all 4).

Thanks!

franktravel
Aviator B

Hi 

Each person would have there own separate credits connected to the conformation that was canceled.  You dont have to use all the credits at the same time, but must be used before they expire. 

Good luck! 

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @thuyduong,

When you cancel a reservation, the funds can be used toward a future reservation, but they must be used for the original Customer only.