Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Drink Coupons

LorrieB
Explorer C

Hello,

I recently posted a question asking if drink coupons were available for purchase from SWA.  Thank you everyone for your responses, I really appreciate it.

This got me thinking, does anyone know if you can use a SWA Gift Card to purchase drinks?  That might give me the option I was looking for.

Thanks,

Lorrie

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Drink Coupons

dfwskier
Aviator A

I'm afraid not, Lorrie. Sorry.

Here's the wording from the Southwest website  (CAPS are mine):

"A Southwest gift card may be used for Passenger travel on Southwest Airlines. A Southwest gift card may only be redeemed at southwest.com, by calling Southwest Airlines at 1-800-435-9792 (1-800 I FLY SWA), and at Southwest Airlines ticket counter locations. Please note that a Southwest gift card is not valid for the purchase of Southwest Airlines Vacation Packages, cargo, hotel, rental car, Southwest Airlines Merchandise, EarlyBird Check-In, additional Southwest gift cards, OR INFLIGHT  PURCHASES."

Re: Drink Coupons

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@LorrieB wrote:

Hello,

I recently posted a question asking if drink coupons were available for purchase from SWA.  Thank you everyone for your responses, I really appreciate it.

This got me thinking, does anyone know if you can use a SWA Gift Card to purchase drinks?  That might give me the option I was looking for.

Thanks,

Lorrie

I'm seeing a new approach for you based on this recent post - if you wanted to avoid using your regular credit card onboard, you could buy a pre-paid gift card and use that, one of the VISA, MC, or Amex gift cards that scans just like regular credit cards?

I don't know how often you are flying, but you could reload it as needed to allow for a beverage or two. If you end up not paying for drinks on a flight or two, then you could still use it anywhere else that accepts credit as opposed to a Southwest gift card.

Does that meet your intent? Sorry we didn't think of this on your prior post, but the suggestion of a Southwest gift card makes me think about the other prepaid gift cards.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.