Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Drunk Passenger

Avidmarianna
Explorer C

I was travelling from Tampa to LAX via Atlanta last week and at the last minute a woman came on board the Atlanta to LAX leg with a pet carrier.  She was obviously tipsy.  Fight 1886.   During the flight she proceeded to remove her dog from the carrier - I love dogs so that wasnt the issue.  Every time she removed it, she spilt her beverage and mine.   She proceed to spill 2 glasses of Chardonay and a water as well as my trail mix all over me.  I arrived in LA completely soaked.  Row 11 seat b was her location - so if anyone from Southwest checks, her name was Skye and she was a HAZZARD.  The worst flight I have been on in a long time.  All I got was a complementary beerand the agent asking me for my name in case " the woman caused problems because she refused to serve her".

Really mad..... and glad I had an extra pair of pants to waer to dinner that night!

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Drunk Passenger

bec102896
Aviator A

@Avidmarianna

I'm sorry to hear you had an unpleasant flight because of a passenger who was tipsy. Being that this is a customer to customer forum I would highly recommend you reach out to Southwest customer relations department at 855-234-4654 or you can click on the contact us link at the bottom of this page to send a message and someone from Southwest will respond as quickly as possible. 

About the pet pet coming out of the carrier multiple times that should not have happened and I would have informed a FA so they are aware. 

Did you notify the crew of the drinks being spilled on you? If so hopefully they put notes on that flight so when you reach out to customer relations they will see the notes and be able to help quicker.

Hope this helps!

Blake 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@bec102896 wrote:

@Avidmarianna

Did you notify the crew of the drinks being spilled on you? If so hopefully they put notes on that flight so when you reach out to customer relations they will see the notes and be able to help quicker.

Hopefully some LUV to offset the dry-cleaning and uncomfortable feeling once you got up.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Avidmarianna
Explorer C

Yes I did notify the crew and they comped my beer.  They did take my name and # but indicated it was for use if the dunken passenger caused a problem with management.  They should have been more concerned with the other 2 people in the row, me included.   There is no where online to comment via email with Southwest and I called yesterday and was ON HOLD for a while and I dont have time for that.  

Just booked a flight to Boston and chose Jetblue....  

Passenger1C
Aviator C

My best results with contacting SWA has been on Twitter. I generally get a response immediately. I suggest you go that route. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Avidmarianna wrote:

Yes I did notify the crew and they comped my beer.  They did take my name and # but indicated it was for use if the dunken passenger caused a problem with management.  They should have been more concerned with the other 2 people in the row, me included.   There is no where online to comment via email with Southwest and I called yesterday and was ON HOLD for a while and I dont have time for that.  

Just booked a flight to Boston and chose Jetblue....  

There is an "email us" link - this web form method is more common these days instead of providing an email for you to use in your own application - the business can queue the messages easier to multiple reviewers, the address(es) that receive the message can change, there's less risk of user error sending the message by mis-typing or other error with the email application...

https://www.southwest.com/contact-us/contact-us.html?clk=GFOOTER-CUSTOMER-CONTACT-US

I also recommend twitter as the other poster mentioned. If you have something in mind that would make you happy and return to Southwest, tell them that so they don't have to guess.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@Avidmarianna not sure where you are from, but welcome to Los Angeles! 🥴. In all seriousness, I think you have a right to be upset as anyone would be. I would follow the suggestions above and voice your concerns. Hope this situation is able to be turned around for you. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion