Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Fear of Flying

LMG09
New Arrival

Hello so basically I am terrified to fly. I decided to get on a plane for my honeymoon in Oct of 2017 and I had panick attacks the whole way there, with bad turbulance, and then nightmares once we got to our destination. I knew my only way home was getting back on the plane so I didn't have a choice, when we landed I felt so much relief. Now my husband wants to go back to our honeymoon destination for our 1 year anniversary and I can't force myself to commit to it. Are their any fear of flying classes that are offered? Or any coping methods people use, I so badly want to go back to the beach but getting on a plane is almost impossible. Thanks in advance!

-Leah

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Fear of Flying

dfwskier
Rising Star

Hi.

I'd suggest that you read the responses to the post "fearful flier" within the same part of these forums that you placed this post.

I suspect that about every thing about coping with the flying eperience is mentioned there.

As for classes, I'll have to let someone else comment.

Relax if you can. You'll have a great time.

Re: Fear of Flying

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @LMG09,

Here's a link to the post that @dfwskier mentioned above. It has a lot of great advice that I think you'll find helpful! 🙂