Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight Tracker problem

PlaneReviewer
Explorer C

I was on a SW flight from Denver, CO to Indianapolis, IN, and I pulled up the online flight tracker to find it displayed the flight status from a different flight. It showed a flight from Chicago, IL to Dallas, TX. And you can’t change the flight info. Did anyone else have this problem?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Flight Tracker problem

PlaneReviewer
Explorer C

3BBC49D3-152D-411E-A1B7-9967632F7020.png

Here’s a picture if it helps.

bec102896
Aviator A

I didn't notice any issues on my flights this past Tuesday. I'll check it out again next Saturday to see if I notice any problems but my guess it it could have just been a hickup with your flight. I have noticed from time to time it wont show connections though luckily I can always check on the app or the airport monitor. 

-Blake 

ccwhitehead2nd
Explorer C

I had issues on 3 flights this week. A return flight from ABQ on 6/24 and to / from JAX on 6/27. The flight tracker showed correct details on time remaining, altitude, ground speed, etc; however, would not display the actual flight tracking. The dots just perpetually circled in the display box. All other features worked fine (and the flight tracker worked for the 2 flights to get to ABQ). Reboots did not help. It did not matter if I went through the SW app or via Safari to “getconnected.” Any ideas?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I had this recently where the tracker had the right origination, but incorrect destination, so the current location was shown but the route was bonkers. I didn't see anyway to re-initialize on the user's end.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

I have also experienced this before! It has shown the wrong destination once, but I have more often experienced it simply showing a wildly incorrect travel time. 

-A List, Companion Pass holder

bec102896
Aviator A

I have noticed the wildly incorrect time a lot as well but it usually fixes itself after awhile. No way it will take 13 hours to go from Austin to Nashville 😂