Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight attendant with a Heart of Gold

Janene889
Explorer C

My name is Janene and Im 43 years old.  I wanted to thank a Southwest Airlines flight attendant, Bobby Maurer,  for his selfless act of kindness and genuine display of concern for complete strangers. My boyfriend Kris and I had been waiting for some potentially life changing news from my doctor and unfortunately he had to board a flight from Las Vegas to Baltimore before we received the news.  The long flight was extremely difficult for Kris not knowing what the outcome was or my wellbeing. Flight attendant Bobby Maurer noticed Kris was struggling with getting his phone to sync with the wifi so he could communicate with me while in the air and took the time to help Kris and offer comfort and showed a genuine concern. When Kris got off the plane he stepped away where he had phone signal but hadnt spoke to me yet. Bobby stopped and asked if he had reached me yet and offered to pray with Kris. After they prayed, the two of them hugged and went their own way. Kris was completely overwhelmed with a sense of relief and was so excited to share his experience with me. We both sat there in tears as he told me the story about Bobby. So Bobby Maurer, Southwest flight attendant, THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART. ♡ 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Flight attendant with a Heart of Gold

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@Janene889 thank you for sharing your story and for recognizing Bobby. What Bobby displayed cannot be taught. SW made the right choice by having Bobby as a FA on their planes.

It says a lot about you and your character that you were able to recognize a stranger, an employee while you were facing life changing news. Very humbling! 

Please send SW a DM via Twitter and tell your story again. It is one that deserves to be said again.  

My thoughts are with you and Kris. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion