Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flying in November

byrdbrain591
Adventurer C

I'm flying to Wash DC in late November on SW. Is it more chances that flights will be cancelled in that month given weather conditions? Is the plane colder in such months than in summer? Should I do anything different than in the summer months aboard a plane?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Flying in November

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

Depends on when in November. Later in the month there is  greater risk of running into a snow event. It's the same risk on SW versus anyone else.

There is heat on the plane, but it may take a while to heat it up, so you might want to have access to your jacket. Other than that, travelling in November is no different than May or September.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Regarding temperatures, you may actually find the plane to be too hot at times. My experience is the evening flights tend to have the heat cranked up so I'm shedding layers and scrambling to put them back on when getting off the plane. Morning flights, especially first flight of the day could be very cold to begin with, although there is a minimum temperature maintained overnight to keep the instruments working properly. 

--TheMiddleSeat

jksobonya
Aviator A

I don't think November will be a huge issue, it will be colder but that's about it. Weather can be a factor any time of year, but of course snow/ice in the winter months are harsher elements than just rain. 

--Jessica