Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Havana flight 3925 to fort lauderdale

Leonardo83
Explorer C

We have being in Havana more than 10 hours we suppose to be leaving this morning 11:50 am and its past 9:00 PM and still no one knows for sure what time are we getting back home to the US omg !!!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Havana flight 3925 to fort lauderdale

bec102896
Aviator A

@Leonardo83

so did some searching and unfortunately it looks like the flight was canceled according to the Southwest website. 

i know canceled flights are no fun but hopefully they will be able to get you on a flight as soon as possible. My guess with such a long delay before the cancellation was a mechanical problem and personally I would rather have a delay then have a bigger problem in flight. 

If you would like to discuss this experience with Southwest you can contact customer relations by calling 855-234-4654 or reach out in a DM on Facebook or Twitter and they can assist you. If calling I would wait until all travel is complete so they can see when you do finally arrive and figure out what happened.

sorry again for the delay hopefully you will be on your way soon. 

Blake 

Leonardo83
Explorer C

You know what Blake we are still here in havana 14h and we haven't being provided with any accomodation  nor food. We were promised that they would get us a hotel and we are still waiting. I am entitled according to your policy to $50 per the hours I have had to wait. I expect for South west to abide and comply with your policies 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@Leonardo83 wrote:

You know what Blake we are still here in havana 14h and we haven't being provided with any accomodation  nor food. We were promised that they would get us a hotel and we are still waiting. I am entitled according to your policy to $50 per the hours I have had to wait. I expect for South west to abide and comply with your policies 

Yikes. That lengthy delay, along with how it sounds like it's being handled, is horrible. 😞

But 2 things:

1) Blake isn't a Southwest employee. This is basically a customer to customer forum. if you'd like to address your concerns to Southwest, you'll have to contact them directly. My advice would be to work with the staff in the airport now to best reaccommodate you, and once your travel is complete contact Customer Relations to request possible compensation.

2) Keep in mind that, per Southwest's Contract of Carriage, all you are actually entitled to in the case of a lengthy delay or flight cancellation is a full refund of the fare you paid. If the flight delay is caused by a mechanical issue, Southwest should work to provide you with a hotel room overnight. However, if the cause of delay is weather, the carrier isn't required to make any accommodations at all except for a refund. 

Hopefully the situation will be resolved soon. Good luck!

Leonardo83
Explorer C

Well like they say another day another dollar right except for me same situation 21 hours later we where rescheduled from flight 3925 yesterday 31/10/2018 11:50am to flight 3921 9:20am 01/11/2018 a flight that shows now delayed to 10:45 am I'll keep you guys posted. ..the fun continues...this has being a really long Halloween never to be forgotten.

bec102896
Aviator A

@Leonardo83

I'm sorry your new flight was delayed as well. A day delay is never fun but looks like that new flight made it to FLL a few hours a go so glad you did finally make it safely. 

as stated in my original message I would recommend reaching out to Southwest customer relations to discuss your experience. 

hope your future flights are smoother than this one!

Blake