Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

How many take advantage of the entertainment portal on SW?

byrdbrain591
Adventurer C

How many of you log onto and use the entertainment portal while on the plane? And if you don't, what entertainment do you use? Do you read a book, talk with another passenger?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: How many take advantage of the entertainment portal on SW?

SWDigits
Aviator A
Solution

I use it and typically see many other passengers doing the same.

Customer | Home airport DCA

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

I do all the time and they just added new games to the portal this last week which is a fun way to pass time. 

They also add new movies monthly so if you fly a lot you don't have to watch the same few movies. 

-Blake 

jksobonya
Aviator A
Solution

I have a bad habit of forgetting to bring earbuds / headphones, so when I *remember* to do that, I definitely take advantage!! Otherwise I try to sleep, read, or play games on my phone.

--Jessica

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@byrdbrain591 are you just curious? Planning a trip and thinking about options?

I think live TV is very popular during football season and I was just watching playoff baseball earlier this week. Often I'll bring my tablet with downloaded Netflix and Amazon Prime Video shows as an alternative and I do love when I can get a good nap in.

--TheMiddleSeat

byrdbrain591
Adventurer C

Taking a trip to Wash DC and usually the planes I take have the entertainment screen on the back of the seat. I read SW has a streaming method.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

@byrdbrain591  gotcha.... You can read more about the entertainment options and see how to connect in 4 steps on this site: https://www.southwest.com/wifi/#get-connected

You'll definitely want to download the Southwest app onto your device before you go on the trip. It's all pretty simple, but shout if you have any questions.

--TheMiddleSeat

DfDrPepper_23
Frequent Flyer C

@byrdbrain591 More of like download reading material or movie to watch. Comedy should be of first choice. For instance: Jeff Foxworthy along with his comedy partners. It should be more of relaxing atomsphere whilist on flight. This is my best choice.