Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

How many take advantage of the entertainment portal on SW?

byrdbrain591
New Arrival

How many of you log onto and use the entertainment portal while on the plane? And if you don't, what entertainment do you use? Do you read a book, talk with another passenger?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: How many take advantage of the entertainment portal on SW?

SWDigits
Rising Star
Solution

I use it and typically see many other passengers doing the same.

Customer | Home airport DCA | Community Champion

bec102896
Rising Star
Solution

I do all the time and they just added new games to the portal this last week which is a fun way to pass time. 

They also add new movies monthly so if you fly a lot you don't have to watch the same few movies. 

-Blake 

jksobonya
Solution

I have a bad habit of forgetting to bring earbuds / headphones, so when I *remember* to do that, I definitely take advantage!! Otherwise I try to sleep, read, or play games on my phone.

--Jessica

TheMiddleSeat
Rising Star

@byrdbrain591 are you just curious? Planning a trip and thinking about options?

I think live TV is very popular during football season and I was just watching playoff baseball earlier this week. Often I'll bring my tablet with downloaded Netflix and Amazon Prime Video shows as an alternative and I do love when I can get a good nap in.

--TheMiddleSeat

byrdbrain591
New Arrival

Taking a trip to Wash DC and usually the planes I take have the entertainment screen on the back of the seat. I read SW has a streaming method.

TheMiddleSeat
Rising Star
Solution

@byrdbrain591  gotcha.... You can read more about the entertainment options and see how to connect in 4 steps on this site: https://www.southwest.com/wifi/#get-connected

You'll definitely want to download the Southwest app onto your device before you go on the trip. It's all pretty simple, but shout if you have any questions.

--TheMiddleSeat

DfDrPepper_23

@byrdbrain591 More of like download reading material or movie to watch. Comedy should be of first choice. For instance: Jeff Foxworthy along with his comedy partners. It should be more of relaxing atomsphere whilist on flight. This is my best choice.