Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

How to report a technical problem with SWA website or phones

TX
Explorer C

Most of today I was unable to use the RR SWA phone number to alter my reservation.

It would prompt me for my phone number and then ask for my birthdate, and then after I entered the last information, I would be disconnected.

I finally called the main line, but by then the flight was sold out. 

If I had known of a way to report the issue, I would.

In the future, what is the procedure to report a technical issue?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How to report a technical problem with SWA website or phones

bec102896
Aviator A

To report an issue you can either call customer relations if it is not a weekend of holiday at 855-234-4654 or if you don't want to spend all the time on the phone you can send an email from the southwest website by clicking on the contact us link at the bottom of the page. 

Keep checking in case someone cancels or changes their flight and maybe you can get on that flight since  availability is always changing. Sorry you had the issues today!

Hope this helps

Blake 

equus
Explorer C

I've been unable to access SW website from South Africa, for nearly a year now!  I've seen many sites with many postings about the problem, but can't believe it's still going on.  I don't want to call any 800 number and the other alternative provided is to send an email by using the website itself!

Now what??

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@equus wrote:

I've been unable to access SW website from South Africa, for nearly a year now!  I've seen many sites with many postings about the problem, but can't believe it's still going on.  I don't want to call any 800 number and the other alternative provided is to send an email by using the website itself!

Now what??

Try accessing the website using a VPN or proxy server (google for more info)... or some people report success accessing their account via the app.

Just don't expect a fix anytime soon. Given the delays in fixing the issue... Southwest's IT team is either completely incompetent or this issue just isn't one management actually wants to fix in the first place. 😞

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @TX,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble trying to change your reservation. As @bec102896 mentioned, you can email us through the link on Southwest.com, or you can send us a Tweet (@SouthwestAir) or Facebook post to let us know when you're encountering a technical issue.