Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Is there any way to directly contact lost and found?

litereader
Explorer C

On a flight back from vacation in the middle of June we lost our camera when it fell out of a carry-on bag. I immediately filed a report with Southwest's Lost and Found.  I kept recieving the automated emails that they were looking for it but had not found it. I updated my report several times with a picture of the camera and pictures of my family that were on the camera.

About two weeks later I was in the airport for another Flight on Southwest.  I arrived earlier and decided to check with folks in baggage claim to see they could help.  A wonderful Southwest employee checked the system and found my camera had continued to another airport where it was found. They gave me the item number and the Fedex tracking number Southwest used to send it to their lost and found contractor. The Southwest employ suggested I file a new report and put this information in the item description.  I did that but I am still recieving emails that they are looking but haven't found it for the new report.

I really could care less about the camera itself but I really want the vacation pictures of my wife and kids.  I will be happy just to get the SD card from it.  However, it does not seem like the Lost and Found contractor is reading the report that I filed.  I understand this is not Southwest corporate. They just need to use the tracking report and item number and they should find it.  Is there any way of contacting them by phone?  

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Is there any way to directly contact lost and found?

bec102896
Aviator A

@litereader 

Sorry to hear your camera fell out of your carry on and was lost. 

On my recent delayed baggage report I have a phone number of (888) 202-1024. I would try reaching out to this number and maybe they can help. This was when my bag was delayed though so not sure if they can help with lost and found reports but it's worth a shot. 

Hope you get your camera back soon!

Blake 

litereader
Explorer C

Thanks Bec,

I will try it.  I should have backed up the pictures the night before.  I just can't understand why the contractor can't find in their warehouse when I have the item and tracking number from when Southwest found it on their plane.

SWDigits
Aviator A
Any chance you are able to add the serial number to the lost and found report? Others have had good luck when doing so -- I'm *guessing* that is a primary identification field used by the lost & found contractor.

Customer | Home airport DCA

litereader
Explorer C

Hi SWDigits,

I think you are right. The only way you will get a positive response from the contractor is by having a serial number.  All the postive posts I see were where someone has a serial number. Unfortunately it is a six year old camera and I have lost any paperwork including the serial number.

It has unique identifiers such as pictures of my family (I attached pictures of them to the report) and a slight crack in the side door. Also, according to the Southwest agent that helped me, was the only camera of that make and model found that day.  I even have the item number and Fedex shipping number when SouthWest found it on their plane and put that in the report.  Apparently the contractor does not read the text section of the lost and found report but will only respond to the serial number of an item.

Take Care

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Did you get my PM with the phone number? I don’t have it handy now but you can search my previous posts for Aero Solutions in Scottsboro.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

litereader
Explorer C

HI DancingDavidE,

I did recieve it. Thanks.  I have left messages several times but they never returned my calls.  Apparently they only respond when you have a serial number.

Melfaceatl
Explorer C

Can u give me the number that dancing David gave you? I cab find his previous post. 

@litereader wrote:

HI DancingDavidE,