Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Just an idea

jjteran
Explorer C

I Fly SWA... nothing else.  I have an idea that I wanted to share.  How feasible would it be for SWA to have pre-downloaded movies and music from a partner like Amazon Prime or somthing similar?  Customers with any device would easily be able to download a pre-determined movie. It would be fun to watch a movie or listen to music for the duration of the flight.  

Is this a possibility?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Just an idea

bec102896
Aviator A

@jjteran

so I have some good news for you Southwest does have some free movies that you can watch on your device on wifi equipped planes (which is most if not all planes but subject to wifi working)

all you need to do is download the airtime player before your flight 

once on board connect to the Southwest wifi on your device 

Open a new web browser and go to http://getconnected.southwestwifi.com

and you will see entertainment options such as free live tv, movies, music, and even a couple games like sudoku. You can also check out the flight tracker or check connection flight information.

if you want to purchase wifi you can do that for $8 but the items listed above are free 

hope this helps

Blake 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@bec102896 wrote:

@jjteran

if you want to purchase wifi you can do that for $8 but the items listed above are free 

hope this helps

Blake 

Downloading something to a hard drive is a great idea - the $8 wifi may not support a streaming service such as Vudu or Hulu, so something available on your local device would be the best option if you didn't want to watch any of the free options.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

bgubs14
Frequent Flyer C

Additionally amazon, Netflix, and Hulu allow you to download movies and shows on your phone on tablet etc so you can watch all of them on you’re flight even if you don’t have wifi on the flight