Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Missing photos

Cheermom08
Explorer C

I am upset and very disappointed. I just can’t understand how pictures just disappear from an airplane. My friends leaves an IPad and it’s returned the very next day, but pictures are still NOWHERE to be found. Can’t wrap my mind around it 😭

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Missing photos

dfwskier
Aviator A

Sorry to hear that your pictures are still missing.

I guess it's not surprising that an IPad would be returned first as it has obvious value. While a white envelope has less obvious value.

If the envelope wasn't very thick, it might still be on the plane - especially if it was a 737-700 where

an envelope could sit unseen overhead. That wouldn';t happen on a 737-800 with pull down bins. Southwest has hundreds of 737-700s in it's fleet. I don't know how frequently Southwest searches the bottoms of the overhead bins for stuff left on board. The bottoms aren't totally visible when the bins are open

Hope your pictures do show up.

Cheermom08
Explorer C

It was a hard, large white envelope. Don’t think you could miss it. I am thinking it could have also went behind over head bib! Is that possible? And if so where would it have fallen to?  After plane is empty do they physically get up there and look in each one? Could still be up there!

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Cheermom08 wrote:

It was a hard, large white envelope. Don’t think you could miss it. I am thinking it could have also went behind over head bib! Is that possible? And if so where would it have fallen to?  After plane is empty do they physically get up there and look in each one? Could still be up there!

Well, I don't know the procedure the airline uses. I suspect that all bins are opened and the cleaaning does a quick visual inspection. One would have to stand on tip toes to see an envelope on the bottom of a 737-700 bin. It is unlikley that something slipped behind a bin on that type of aircraft.

The airline does try as there are numerous stories of people being reunited with their stuff. I hope that Southwest finds your photos, but regretably some lost items are never found.

Cheermom08
Explorer C

I know....😭. The claim is closed after 30 days. Ugh 😑