Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Movies and on demand not working

JonTHX
Explorer C

Flight from phx to  stl flight 1001 had no tv series or movies. Instead of saying it wss down the web page told us we didnt have the app or the airtime player.

In the beginning most of our rows of people kept rebooting our phones since most of had it working on other flights before. Anyway to teach the crew to reboot the inflight entertainment?

We all had the apps and player. Android, apple, laptops  didnt matter nothing worked.  Friendly crew but no one could fix it. Very sad tonight.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Movies and on demand not working

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

You can imagine we'd much prefer that our Customers had access to WiFi and the entertainment portal onboard, and we're so sorry for the frustration, Jon. As a peer-to-peer support forum, we aren't equipped to assist you here, but we recommend reaching out via the options in the link below. 

Submitting a Suggestion and/or Complaint

Nicole
Community Manager

SWDigits
Aviator A
I am having a similar issue as the original poster: movies and TV shows were working great for the first 30 minutes or so of the flight but now they produce an error message. Everything else works, to include live TV and my ability to communicate outside of the aircraft (I am posting now from the air).

We asked two different flight attendants and they've shrugged and said to keep trying. I will post an update with a solution if they come back with anything.

Customer | Home airport DCA

SWDigits
Aviator A
Update: one of the flight attendants came back to say "the light was out", he did some coordination and now movies are working again.

For future reference if this happens on your flight ask the flight attendant to check the indicator light visible at the front of the passenger cabin. If the light is out then the flight attendant needs to coordinate with the pilots to reset the movie system. Once the reset is complete you should be back in business.

surflesssoul
Explorer C

I fly about 3-5x/month and haven't once had the inflight movies operable for over 3 months now.

Flight crew says wifi light is on, browsing works so just keep trying does not adequately or ever resolve the issue.

Have asked repeatedly for crew to request pilots reboot the system and have not once had a crew member follow through on the request.

What's the point of having movies listed if there's no possibility of ever being able to view them.

I can get **bleep** service like this from Spirit airlines... 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@surflesssoul wrote:

I fly about 3-5x/month and haven't once had the inflight movies operable for over 3 months now.

Flight crew says wifi light is on, browsing works so just keep trying does not adequately or ever resolve the issue.

Have asked repeatedly for crew to request pilots reboot the system and have not once had a crew member follow through on the request.

What's the point of having movies listed if there's no possibility of ever being able to view them.

I can get **bleep** service like this from Spirit airlines... 

Well, I fly a lot and don't recall EVER having a problem accessing movies. So there is something wrong with your equipment.

1) have you installed the airtime player?

2) do you connet to getconnected.southwestwifi.com?

SWDigits
Aviator A

New flight same problem, looked up and everyone around us had the same issue.  Asked flight attendant to ask for a reset and now all working again.

Back to the movie.