Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Nellie Flight 573

AlexisCardozo
Explorer C

Today I flew from BWI to LAX on flight 573. My husband and I were flying as new parents for the first time with our 9 month old baby. The thought of this flight had been making us nervous for months, unaware of how the baby would do in the air. Once we got in the air our fears came true as he started screaming uncontrollably and would not sleep. We tried everything we could to try to get him to sleep and calm down but he kept getting more upset. With a smile on her face Nellie came over and asked if she could take him from us for a little. She happily took him up to the front of the plane and entertained him. She later came back and asked if she could take him to the back with her to see if she could help us get him to fall asleep. She returned shortly after with our sleeping baby!!! We were so amazed by the kindness she and the rest of her Southwest team showed us. We were feeling horrible when our baby would not stop crying and they all did what they could to help us today. 

Thank you!! 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Nellie Flight 573

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Try to have the baby nurse or drink during the ascent and descent to help equalize their ears, that could be one strategy to help on your next flight.

I hope everything went well logistically, in addition to the great service by the flight attendants.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Ditto on the drinking. We always did a bottle with milk during the ascent when ours was that young!

More importantly, your FA is why I love SW. Awesome, awesome employees!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

Passenger1C
Aviator C

In addition to the bottle, pacifiers come in handy to create sucking. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion