Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Places to Eat - Nashville Airport (BNA)

rslitman
Explorer C

Hi,

I have a 3 1/2 hour layover from one Southwest flight to another scheduled for the Nashville Airport. I'd like to eat my main meal of the day there. Does anyone have any recommendations in the Southwest area or anywhere else where I don't have to go through TSA?

Thanks for any help anyone can give me on this.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Places to Eat - Nashville Airport (BNA)

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

If I remember correctly, BNA is @elijahbrantley 's home airport. But I also seem to remember him saying the food there was nothing special.

--TheMiddleSeat

elijahbrantley
Aviator A
Solution

You remember correctly!!! In a few years, the food choices will be awesome because the airport is in the process of soliciting bids and securing contracts for tons of local food places. Currently, there isn’t much local or much beyond bar food.  

SW is in the C concourse, but all three concourses are post-security. In A, there is a Mexicannplace that looks good but it completely mediocre. 

There isn’t much in B as far as sit-down places except for Noshville — a deli/cafe that is best for brunch time. 

In C, you have the most choices. There is a very hit or miss O’Charley’s. There is also a Vino Volo, a sushi place, BK, pretzel place, pizza place, etc. The carry-our Whitt’s BBQ might be a good choice, but it may not be what you are going for if you have time to kill. If you want a main meal, you might choose Tootsie’s Orchid Lounge. Total bar food, but it is the most authentic Nashville ambiance you’ll get complete with live music — right in the middle of the SW side of the airport. 

There are are also a few stand-alone bars for local beers. Fun fact: you can carry your open alcohol beverage anywhere in the airport (except onto your plane). 

Enjoy, and let us know what you decide and what your experience is!

More here.

-A List, Companion Pass holder

dfwskier
Aviator A

Maybe this helps:

https://nashville.eater.com/2014/11/20/7254801/nashville-international-airport-dining-bna

One you find food that looks good you could cross reference with YELP.