Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SW Wifi network not dropping when I deplane

SusanG
Explorer C

I am A List Preferred so often take advantage of the free wifi.  However, after I deplane and click on another site, I am OFTEN immediately brought bact to the Getconnected Page and cannot get to where I want to go.  Sometimes it happens when I have successfully naviated to a particular website but then click a link to get to another page of the website and am taken at that point back to Southwest wifi getconnected page.  It is a LOOP. 

Knowing this I have tried "forgetting" the network before deplaning but it just happened again the other day.  I use my iPad to connect.  I have had to delete history but that often makes some saved website logins and passwords disappear which is a huge inconvenience.

Why does Southwest Wifi hold on????

40 REPLIES 40

Re: SW Wifi network not dropping when I deplane

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @SusanG

Will you send me a private message with your last three flights? We'll take a look and see if we can find out why this is happening. When you get outside the range of the WiFi, it should disappear from your list of WiFi options. Apologies for the inconvenience!

SusanG
Explorer C

Hi!  I sent via the thread but not sure if it went.....  it has happened again.  I flew Friday night  from San Jose to Las Vegas,  .....flight 898.  It's not quite as bad this time but when I click certain links on a game I play, it takes me back to the getconnected page but I can dork my way out of it when it happens.  I went to history and deleted getconnected but that didn't seem to help.  Screen shot below:

IMG_0438.PNG

Tip

LetsFlyLubbock
Explorer C

Hello, SusanG.

I recommend using a different browser.

RDT
Explorer C

HELP! 

I'm having same issue! I flew yesterday from RDU to DEN and used the airport wifi at Rdu and in flight to see arrival status but didn't pay for the wifi. Now I'm home and all the sites I accessed southwest wifi at the airport are still trying to connect to that SW wifi even though I'm on my home wifi and 1hr away from DEN airport. I've restarted my phone twice. Made sure my settings don't say SW wifi. 

Ive called SW customer service & they couldn't help me. They said all they do is reservations. Told me to call their corporate executive offices at 855-234-4654  ext 5 ... Waited on hold for 20 minutes!! Then just got  hung up on. I have no other devices other than my cell phone. I'm trying to access my online medical records since my dr left me a message there and it keeps bringing to this stupid southwest login page 

no one on the phone can help me. Just left a message for my dr to give me the message but this is so embarrassing over accessing free wifi at the airport!! 

Please someone from southwest please help me remove this from my phone!!!!!!!!!

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager
Solution

@SusanG

If you're using an iOS device, try following these steps:

1) Go to settings

2) Click "WiFi"

3) Click the blue "i" to the right of the Southwest WiFi 

4) Click "Forget this Network"

That should take care of the problem, but let us know if it doesn't. 

mgrant11
Explorer C

I'm having this problem with the Safari browser on my MacBook. I used it to access the inflight entertainment but it keeps taking over my homepage whenever I open Safari. I deleted SW from my network preferences but that didn't stop it so it looks like it's a Safari issue but I can't  figure out how to change it. Very annoying and I'm a huge SW fan.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Have you tried clearing Southwest cookies and history? 

mgrant11
Explorer C

Thanks, I tried that but it didn't fix the problem

TaraBamburg
Employee
Employee

Hello there, @mgrant11!

Can you tell me what URL is showing in your browser? Are you being redirected back to that page when trying to go to another website?

Thanks!