franktravel
Aviator B

Here's what other Airlines do! 

AllegiantAllegiant

17 REPLIES 17

Re: Thank you SWA for not doing this!

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Eagerly waiting for moderators to approve the photo........................... (insert Jeopardy theme here).................... 

KimVanderKley
Frequent Flyer C

@TheMiddleSeat  @franktravel

Both of you on one issue.. this going to be good... what's up in this FUN and Luvly world or not...

Thank you both for your posts -- they are valuable to the community!

Nice status -- you both are up from ACE to rising stars.

@16fseataFFBK

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I'm still waiting!!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeatwrote:

I'm still waiting!!

I tagged it for you guys, maybe that will help.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Sadly, Southwest is increasing their drink prices, beginning tomorrow, and will use a new tiered system similar to what was posted.

Beer: $6 for Miller Lite or Dos Equis, $7 for premium beer including Fat Tire, Lagunitas and Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy (rotating selection).

Wine: $6.

Liquor: $7.

This is still less expensive and much simpler than most carriers, and there is no charge (yet) for non-alcoholic beverages or snacks. Although I personally wouldn't mind too much if the snack offering was expanded and included some larger options (for sale). I doubt that will ever happen on Southwest though, so I'll continue grabbing my snacks prior to boarding. 😉

The price increase doesn't effect those using a drink coupon, which will still be valid for one drink (for now). 😉

Here's an article about the price increase: Southwest Airlines raises drink prices March 1

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

If they did have bigger snacks for sale, I hope the drink coupons could be used for the food too, and if needed to purchase them maybe buy them in booklets of ten or something in advance.

I had one trip in the recent past to Vancouver, BC and obvisouly didn't fly Southwest there, I did enjoy the egg bowl from the other guys!

But as long as you know the program, it's easy enough to bring something onbaord to eat. I need to do this anyway since I'm one of the gluten people, so on a short flight (no fritos) with a peanut allergy I'm SOL on the free snack department.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Ouch! Gluten free AND peanut allergy?? That makes flying very rough. I think (and welcome the idea) that Southwest could easily add some shelf stable snack box type things, especially as they get longer flights such as Hawaii.  Combining that with drink coupons that are actually food/drink credit would be a great idea, especially for people that don't drink. Southwest did sell drink coupon booklets at one time, so they could once again sell a coupon book, this time with combined food/drink credits.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Oh no, you'll get me blackballed! - I can eat peanuts, but that's my only snack since all of the other snacks are glutenous except for Frito's on the longer flights.

If someone else has peanut allergy, then I'm SOL.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Hopefully you're aware that the Honey Roasted Peanuts are not gluten-free.