Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: WIFI across all your devices

bgubs14

Yeah it’s tough ! I often end up making the decision on what I need the most .  I know with Gogo you can do it on multiple but  at separate times . southwest has their own providers they work with (global eagle/Panasonic ku) so I’m not sure they have that function. You should look into wireless flight  routers on amazon though  

Lowwater
New Arrival

Southwest should offer FREE WIFI so it wouldn’t matter about MAC addresses or authentication or any of that BS. While working for the City of Albuquerque as a network engineer, we setup FREE WIFI for the entire airport terminal 17 years ago! C’mon Southwest. 

Highlighted

Punky10s
New Arrival

This is really important. I often work on flights and my work actually requires both laptop and phone usage. So to work I have to pay double! Which is just not worth it.

Jwalsh3rd

On American I discovered that their WiFi works on all of my devices, but not simultaneously.  As an AList preferred passenger I have used my phone or IPad simultaneously on my SW fights often.  Did you know that you can access Southwest.com without  paying any fees.  It makes checking on for the next day and checking flights or making reservations easy.