Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

When will the rest of August open for reservations?

usapierce
Explorer C

Hi. I'm new to Southwest's site, so forgive me if this is somewhere else. How soon will it be possible to book a return flight past August 5? We are looking for later dates in August. Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: When will the rest of August open for reservations?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

https://www.southwest.com/air/flight-schedules/

"We are currently accepting air reservations through August 5, 2019. On February 7, 2019 we will open our schedule for sale through September 2, 2019. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently."

--TheMiddleSeat

Did this or any other comment in the thread answer your question? Please take a moment and click the "Accept as Solution" button on the comments you found most helpful, this will be a big help to any future Community Members who have a similar question!

usapierce
Explorer C

Thank you!

Now to figure out if I should book elsewhere or wait that long....

bec102896
Aviator A

It's only 2 weeks away. I would hang tight as you never know what kind of deal there could be when those tickets are released. 

-Blake

landrinlong
Explorer C

So it looks like we're past February and I still can't book past August 10th.  I need a return flight on August 15th.  When will we be able to book past the 10th?

dfwskier
Aviator A

The webpage that TheMiddleSeat referred to above now says the schedule will update on 3/12 for flights thru the end of October. As you have already seen, the date is subject to change. 

I suspect that airline is waiting for a bit of clarity about not only the Max situation but also the impact of coronavirus on demand. Other airlines (United and Jet Blue ) are cancelling future flights right now.. No airline wants to cancel flights and anger passengers by sellng tickets on a flight and then cancelling that flight -- even if it ihappens months in advance.