cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Wi-Fi

ok529
New Arrival

Does anyone have any idea when the Wi-Fi will actually work better that 50% of the time?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Wi-Fi

SWDigits
Solution
See this post from the Southwest team:
https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/In-the-Air/WiFi-Tips/m-p/93132/highlight/true#M1597

Southwest customer | Home airport DCA | Community Chamption

ok529
New Arrival

So in other words a no answer like the one I received when I complained. If they are working to fix the problem why is reliablity going down? WiFi was better two years ago than it is now. 

Southwest is working closely with our Inflight WiFi providers on our connectivity. We operate a fleet of nearly 750 aircraft, flying to over 100 destinations across the United States, Caribbean, and Central America. It takes a robust system to supply a fleet of this size with WiFi capabilities, and we are working diligently to allocate the appropriate resources necessary to provide a product that our Customers expect. While I’m not able to promise you perfection going forward, rest assured that we are always looking for ways to improve.

ok529
New Arrival

This is not a solution is a BS generic answer!

dfwskier
Rising Star

Well, since this is a customer to customer forum, you will NOT get a formal anwser here.

I'd suggest that you e-mail the company. To do so, click on "contact us" at the bottom of this page, and then select e-mail from the contact chouces listed on the top left of the ensuing page.

Good luck!

SWDigits
We are other customers like you and sharing the information we have. Safe travels.

Southwest customer | Home airport DCA | Community Chamption

ok529
New Arrival

That is the issue we can't seem to get a straight answer out of SWA, which I interpet to mean they have no clue, and frankly don't care.

Midwesterner
New Arrival

I just posted the same observation before seeing your post.  I am a loyal SWA business traveler and I fly at least 3-4 times per month.  It definitely feels like the WiFi is getting increasingly worse as time goes on.  It has gotten so bad that I am ready to switch to a different airline.

I came to this forum to ask where I need to go to get the attention of someone at SWA because my sense is that the flight attendants, which nice people, either aren't interested in the issue or are powerless to get to the bottom of what is going on.

Anyway - my post is titled "Misery Loves Company" - so... My misery loves your company!  I hope SWA  gets it figured out soon.  Otherwise, perhaps I will see you on a Delta flight LOL!