Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

WiFi Enhancement

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

I love that there is now a captive portal that pops up when you connect to SouthwestWiFi that directs you to the onboard entertainment and connectivity options pages! In the past, you had to navigate to southwestwifi.com in the browser; that was fine, but non-frequent flyers often do not know that step. The new pop up makes it simpler to get connected. 

Happy browsing!

-A List, Companion Pass holder
2 REPLIES 2

Re: WiFi Enhancement

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

Thanks for the compliment, Elijah! Our WiFi Team is constantly working to improve our WiFi offering, and I've relayed your feedback to them. 

Nicole
Community Manager

Re: WiFi Enhancement

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@elijahbrantley wrote:

I love that there is now a captive portal that pops up when you connect to SouthwestWiFi that directs you to the onboard entertainment and connectivity options pages! In the past, you had to navigate to southwestwifi.com in the browser; that was fine, but non-frequent flyers often do not know that step. The new pop up makes it simpler to get connected. 

Happy browsing!

If you are in that situation on other networks and can't figure out how to provide acknowledgement or credentials, put in the URL 1.1.1.1 and it will bring you to the portal for whatever security/paywall/free access is provided.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.