Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the Air

Snacks, beverages, and live TV are all
part of Southwest's Inflight Hospitality.
Learn more here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: WiFi Tips

chgoflyer
Rising Star

As I've mentioned earlier, I've long given up on ever having a usable internet connection on Southwest. Promises that improvements were coming have consistently proven disappointing, repeatedly, for several years now. I don't really miss having working internet inflight, except when I've recently flown on another carrier and I realize how it could be. This is one area where Southwest fails compared to almost all other carriers. For business travelers, this is a pain point and a carrier choice differentiator, but I'm sure Southwest knows that. Southwest seems to have prioritized in-flight entertainment (usually works great) over a usable two-way internet connection (almost always abysmal). Whether or not that decision is the right one, it's unfortunately just how it is. 

Highlighted

Re: WiFi Tips

WZiel-SWC
New Arrival

I will admit more recently even the "local" wifi was struggling. Was trying to watch a movie and it was not even able to "keep up" with the movie.  Considering that Southwest only does the wifi "casting" it does suck. I usually have the "backup" of using local movies but as an A-List I do like my wifi to get my Text messages etc which as of late has become very very spotty. Smiley Sad