Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

WiFi access denied.

rkmart57
Explorer C

I’m an A List Preferred customer and cannot access inflight WiFi. It worked before but now I get this message:

You don't have permission to access "http://www.southwest.com/account/login-wifi?" on this server.
Reference #18.6f83d717.1508777811.26d787e

How can I get this corrected.

23 REPLIES 23

Re: WiFi access denied.

wbmayberry
Explorer C

I had the same problem on Reno -> Vegas and now on Vegas -> St Louis.  I finally cried "Uncle" paid the $8 to get service, and I'm able to access the internet now.

Here's the message I got on two different devices (tablet and PC) on both flights when I try to access A-List Preferred Free Internet:  

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.southwest.com/account/login-wifi?" on this server.

Reference #18.6f83d717.1508789365.3b43da8

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Unfortunately, A-List Preferred members unable to access the free wifi has been a long running complaint, seemingly unaddressed. 😞

czschau
Explorer C

This is the first time I have had this issue, but have now had it on 2 flights.  This is not good, Southwest should be reading these posts and responding.  I have receeived the 'access denied' response that was mentioned earier, and also the following response:

ERROR The requested URL could not be retrieved

The following error was encountered while trying to retrieve the URL: http://wifi.southwest.com/

Zero Sized Reply

Squid did not receive any data for this request.

Your cache administrator is webmaster.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @czschau,

I'm sorry you had trouble accessing the AList complimentary WiFi. If you purchase the WiFi, once you complete your travel you can contact our Customer Relations Departmen on Twitter (@SouthwestAir) and we'll reimburse it for you. 

BkeefeSWA
Explorer C

Im an A-lister who loves Southwest and wants it to be my only airline. But the SWA wireless service must be the industry’s worst. I always have problems with onboard access and the “access denied” issue is just the latest. Very disappointing/almost unacceptable especially on cross country work flights when I need to get work done.

SWA - please please get a better WiFi provider so I don’t have to switch airlines!!! Please!

dahowland
Explorer C

i have had this happen on my last two flights. 

Honestly, there are not a lot of perks being an A-List Preferred member, but this was probably at the top of the list. If we have to spend our time seeking a refund of $8 on every flight, then this perk really isn't of much value. I would appreciate it if you can communicate it up the chain how much of a hassle this is to your supposed high value clients. 

Re:New iPhone refused to connect to WiFi in flight

mshea
Explorer C

Hi,

while traveling this last holy, my wife’s phone refused to connect to the planes WiFi ( hit connect,nothing)

my phone was fine.

im pretty techy , tried resetting network settings, still nothing. 

Can an you help my companion pass wife?

thx

BPeters718
Explorer C

My flight from Denver to Houston, it wouldn’t take my $8 payment and won’t from Houston to Mexico City.  So far attendants don’t know how to fix it or any solutions.  I used my iPad and my iPhone neither will gain access, 1st world problems I guess.  It’s just if you’re going to offer it, make it work 🙂

dfwskier
Aviator A

@BPeters718 wrote:

My flight from Denver to Houston, it wouldn’t take my $8 payment and won’t from Houston to Mexico City.  So far attendants don’t know how to fix it or any solutions.  I used my iPad and my iPhone neither will gain access, 1st world problems I guess.  It’s just if you’re going to offer it, make it work 🙂

You are rght about that. It is far better to underpromise and overdeliver than to overpromise and underdeliver.