Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: WiFi access denied.

lgould99
Explorer C

My last 5 flights I have not been able to access the in-flight wifi.  I thought it was my computer, but my computer connects everywhere excpet on SWA flights.  Like other commenters here in the commnity, I want SWA to be my only airline, but may have to change for business travel as I cannot be "down" for 5 hours while I zig zag across the county.  I have lost many $8 purchases of wifi, the fine print basically says you use at your own risk, and quite frankly too much effort to get a refund anyways.  They need to get this fixed.  SWA is aware of this issue but continues to advertise it has WiFi and take our money.  

dfwskier
Aviator A

How do you try to access wifi?

For me:

1) I make sure my laptop is in wifi mode (I don't connect from there).

2) Open a browser and try to connect to:  getconnected.southwestwifi.com  (in air there will only be one wifi signal)

Doing the above, I almost never have a connection issue.

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

We're sorry for the frustration, @lgould99. As a peer to peer support forum, we aren't equipped to assist you here, but we encourage you to reach out to us via the method below. Thanks!

Submitting a Suggestion and/or Complaint

Nicole
Community Manager

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @rkmart57 and @wbmayberry,

I'm sorry to hear that you had trouble logging into the WiFi. If you have to purchase it, please contact our Customer Relations Department at 1-855-234-4654 or on Twitter (@SouthwestAir) after you've completed travel. We'll need to know your confirmation number and the email address you used to make the purchase, and we'll get it refunded. 

Donutdude
Explorer C

Lindsey,

I was in a flight from MDW to CLE, I tried the free connect, being that I am an A list preferred, and received the same error. I paid the $8, and still could not connect. Is SWA going to ever fix this issue?

Donutdude
Explorer C

@LindseyD wrote:

Hi @rkmart57 and @wbmayberry,

I'm sorry to hear that you had trouble logging into the WiFi. If you have to purchase it, please contact our Customer Relations Department at 1-855-234-4654 or on Twitter (@SouthwestAir) after you've completed travel. We'll need to know your confirmation number and the email address you used to make the purchase, and we'll get it refunded. 

Lindsey,

I was in a flight from MDW to CLE, I tried the free connect, being that I am an A list preferred, and received the same error. I paid the $8, and still could not connect. Is SWA going to ever fix this issue?

sr103
Explorer A
  • 6 flights this week with ACCESS DENIED.  This is a huge waste of time... and over 10 hrs of lost time + sitting around airports doing the tasks I expected to have done when I arrived.

please offer an expected time frame for repair. We will all need to find another carrier in the meantime.   SWA IT dept has really lost a lot of business for your company and is not very representative of what a customer service focus would deserve.

tommmosgrove
Explorer C

Same thing happened to me yesterday.  A+ flyer.  2 legs, same day.  Could not access from PC on either flight. 

Please fix.  Thanks.

bpfeifer
Explorer C

I flew this weekend, and on both my flights I experienced the following error message while trying to log into free WIFI.

ACCESS DENIED You don't have permission to access "http://www.southwest.com/account/login-wifi?" on this server.
Reference #

I am an A+ Preferred member and fly on average once per week.  This is the first time I have had this issue.  I usually use my iPad, but also received this message using my iPhone.

Southwest, what is this issue all about?  What can be done to fix it?

Thank you.

royrod23
Explorer C

Hoping any update besides the tandard Southwest (SW) response.."pay for it and get reimursed.."  As a long time A list preferred member, this...

"You don't have permission to access "http://www.southwest.com/account/login-wifi?" on this server.Reference #18.6f83d717.1508777811.26d787e"

has recently become an issue on my last 4 flights in last two weeks.   I, like many others on this site, are loyal SW customers.  Please, please make this a priority and get this fixed.   This feature is important to many of who travel SW for business.  I believe, losing customers over this is not what SW wants