Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

WiFi saga continues

johnindallas
Adventurer C

Still patiently (sort of) waiting for WiFi issues to be resolved systemwide so there is a measure of consistency with WiFi availability. Flying ATL-DAL on an 800 this afternoon and no WiFi working. 

Batting average so far this year is maybe 50%. Maybe. Have voiced my concerns to customer care. 

🤔

6 REPLIES 6

Re: WiFi saga continues

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

I have had similar experiences, and as a A List Preferred SW passenger who likes to work on my flights, this frustrates me to no end!  Like you, I always report it to the Twitter team.  Do you let the FA know?  Sometimes, the system just needs a re-boot.  

With that said, the Twitter folks assure me they are working on fixing the issues to increase reliability.  You can do a quick Google search to read about some of the measures they are taking.

In my experience, the wifi has become more reliable.  It was usable for all the trips I have taken over the last two months, if I remember correctly.  It may not work perfectly the entire time I am on the plane, but it works well enought ot keep me connected via email and messenger/text.

Again...just my experience.  I hope we all start to see the improvements SW is working on!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

chgoflyer
Aviator A

The frequent promises that they are working with their provider to offer a better experience ring hollow after so many years. As I've mentioned before, I've just given up on ever having a usable internet connection on Southwest. It's sad, but it's helped me not be disappointed anymore. 😉

CareforNOLA
Frequent Flyer A

My lucky day, but only in one respect. SWA WiFi worked perfectly for me on the first leg of my trip.  However, the second leg of my trip was cancelled due to weather.  So hanging out at BWI for 3 standby hopes.  (My mantra — “never check bags” — continues to give me the most options.

happy travels to all.

CareforNOLA
Frequent Flyer A

It was my lucky day, and I made standby option number 1.  On second flight, I had the usual WiFi issue.  WiFi did not work on the ground but once we were in the air, I was able to get on the network via WiFi.  

SWDigits
Aviator A

@CareforNOLA glad you made it out on the first standby flight.  On the radio this afternoon they stated there was a tornado warning in the BWI area, to include at the airport!

Customer | Home airport DCA

johnindallas
Adventurer C

DAL-BHM today. 

The bad news? No WiFi.

The good news? Relatively short flight.

As someone noted, keeping low expectations is helpful.

<sigh>