Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

delayed and changed flights

lcalubcpa
Explorer C

Generally I do not waste my time to comment but given today’s (8-1-18) Southwest experience I decided that I had to voice my dissatisfaction. Very disappointed in the decision making process resulting in numerous flight changes. 

I will have to commend the various gate representatives. Their attitudes and helpfulness did make the process somewhat tolerable.

It is understandable that there will sometimes be delays. However my day just does not make sense to me.

My initial flight was originating from Minneapolis (Flight 2514/677) going to St Louis then New Orleans. Because the plane coming from Chicago was delayed for maintenance reasons it was obvious that I would miss the connecting flight in St Louis to New Orleans. That situation is understandable.

As a result my flight was changed to fly from Minneapolis to Kansas City(flight 2103/678)no plane change)to Dallas to New Orleans. As always I usually purchase early bird seating. Upon the flight change I was given group c. So I paid $40 more dollars to get A 1 to A 15.

Upon arriving in Kansas City with no plane change anticipated someone made the decision to have a plane swap?? So now we had to deplane to find out the plane replacement was delayed since not there.

Once again this resulted in me going to miss my connecting flight in Dallas to New Orleans. So I was booked on another flight(2469) going from Kansas City to Houston(no plane change) to New Orleans. Note losing my A status. 

Of course this flight was delayed too because swapping pilots. Just as another note we landed in Houston at 11 at night and sat on the runway for about 15 minutes because the gate was occupied at 11 at night. Really ridiculous planning. 

In the past Southwest has been my choice Airline. After today I have lost a lot of confidence in Southwest.

I had other business associates going to New Orleans on Delta leaving our conference 4 hours after me and getting home 2 hours before me.

All I can say is just very very disappointed in Southwest. Would love some type of explanation for my miserable experience. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: delayed and changed flights

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@lcalubcpa wrote:

Generally I do not waste my time to comment but given today’s (8-1-18) Southwest experience I decided that I had to voice my dissatisfaction. Very disappointed in the decision making process resulting in numerous flight changes. 

Wow, that's quite a day. Too bad to be leaving later in the day, it does look like a limited set of combinations to get back to MSY from MSP. I enjoy visitng MSP but I'm coming/returning to MDW which has a great set of connections between the two.

You should probably call customer relations, this is a customer to customer community and if you wanted to get in touch officially with Southwest to see if they would offer any LUV then you'll need to reach out directly, I don't know what they would do if anything but having such a string of delays and changes would definitely leave anyone in a poor mood, especially the unanticipated plane change in MCI.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

Sorry to hear about your arduous experience.

All I can say is "stuff happens" -- to every airline. Anyone who travels enough is going to run in to days like yours. 

Southwest didn't plan to put you on the "replacement" flights knowing that they'd also have problems. Sometimes stuff really does just happen.

rich1954
Adventurer A

Hard to believe you wearn't given some type of voucher for future travel.