Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

iPhone XS left on Flight 512 MDW to HOU 08/12/19 10:45 PM

krlogan
Explorer C

Good afternoon.  I left my iphone XS (gold with clear sparkly case) in the seatback pocket....I think.  I could have dropped it on the floor when I had to hold my 14 month old to keep her from getting upset. Either way, it's still on the plane somewhere. If anybody finds it, please hand it to a flight attendant and notify me here!  We sat about 15 rows back on the plane's left side (if you're sitting in the plane).  We were several rows in front of the exit row.

THANK YOU!

It was Flight 512 from Chicago Midway to Houston Hobby at 10:45 PM, we landed at HOU around 1:00 AM omn 8/13

3 REPLIES 3

Re: iPhone XS left on Flight 512 MDW to HOU 08/12/19 10:45 PM

krlogan
Explorer C

I was in the middle seat, hope this helps somebody find it!

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

@krlogan wrote:

I was in the middle seat, hope this helps somebody find it!

Sorry to hear that you left your phone on the plane. You would have to be incredibly lucky to have the person who found your phone read your post. Likely would not happen.

You need to file a lost item report with SW. Be a specific as you can: model, color, and most important: serial number. Hopefully you have it. Here's how to file a report:

https://live.nettracer.aero/southwest-paxview/lostandfound/landing.do

Found items are shipped by SW to a central location in Alabama, where the staff tries to match found items with items reported as lost. Lots of items are returned.Some are not. A Serial number ups your chances a lot.

It takes time - up to 30 days. There's also a chance another passenger found it and kept it - hopefully not in your case.

Good luck

SWDigits
Aviator A

@krlogan I'll emphasize the serial number portion of advice provided by @dfwskier when you submit your online lost item report.

Also hopefully you have the find My iPhone option available to you to track the location until the battery dies.

Hoping you have good luck!

Customer | Home airport DCA