Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Drink Service Beginning Row

BuddyFox
Explorer C

Hi All!

I always tend to have great in flight service and overall customer service with LUV. As an A list Pref, I typically get a A15-A20 pass, and get a decent seat up front. However, it seems that lately the preboard passes are being handed out like candy. Therefore I'm usually in row 7-9.  (Another topic for another time.)

My question is, does anyone know the in flight drink service breakdown for each attendant?

Im curious if it always starts in row 9 for one attendant or does it matter the airplane? E.g, 737-800 has more rows so service begins in row 11 for those aircraft, etc. If so how is it determined?

thanks in advance! Just a curious passenger!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Drink Service Beginning Row

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

A quick search of the Google indicates row 9 is generally the starting point for the second group. Depending on load rows may shift some, but the shift is more often done further back. I often find myself in the 9-11 area and appreciate getting served drinks earlier. I don't make notes so I can't recall if it always starts at 9, but that seems about right. I also think in that area you're more likely to get an empty seat in the row versus the rows up front which seem to always fill up. 

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

Service starts in row 1 and 9. I don't know where it starts in the back of the plane as I almost never sit back there.

Seat 9C frequently gets served first in the front 2/3s of the plane. It is my preferred seat.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

Seat 9C frequently gets served first in the front 2/3s of the plane. It is my preferred seat.

9B is better 😛

--TheMiddleSeat

chgoflyer
Aviator A

On a 700, drink service begins with rows 1, 9 & 17. On the larger, 175-seat 800, it's 1, 9, 16 & 23. This can vary a row or two depending on load, as FAs try to divide up the plane evenly. Personally, I've usually found the best drink service to be beginning with row 9, since the flight attendants handling the front and rear of the plane often also deal with snack distribution. This of course can also vary depending on individual crew preferences. 😉