Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Error playing file: Unknown Playback error

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

I'm so sorry for the frustration! Can you send me a private message with your flight information?

Nicole
Community Manager

tal21
Explorer C

I had the same error on MacBook Air on both of my flights 8/30/19 and 9/3/19. 

Funker4545
Explorer C

Same issue right now!  9/12/19 in air on way to DCA and can’t get any entertainment!  Using chromebook that’s worked fine on previous flights. Not happy!  When will this be fixed?

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

@tal21 @Funker4545 Were you able to message @NicoleAshley about these issues?  She might need more info for the SW teams to investigate further.  Since this is mainly a customer community, she will be your link directly to SW.

Thanks!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

tal21
Explorer C

@elijahbrantley  she contacted me right away and I sent her the flights information. Thank you !

eastrader
Explorer C

I flew to Tampa last week and then back to Dallas yesterday. On my HP Chromebook X2 I had the problem with some movies. I have the latest update to Chrome OS and the Chrome browser. I do not have any other on my device. So I tried live tv, only it took forever to load then locked up..my mobile phone worked great as a test, it has android 10. On my trip from Belize in June everything worked great on my chromebook.. so it seems there is still an issue with the app or the server software on the plane.

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

So sorry for the issues! Chrome’s actual operating system that is used within Chromebook is not supported, only the Chrome browser. 

Nicole
Community Manager

eastrader
Explorer C

I was using the Chrome browser, the OS information was so you would understand that my system was up to date in both. Are you suggesting I use another browser? as my mobile uses the same version as on my Chromebook.

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

My apologies for misunderstanding, @eastrader. I've since learned that we were having issues syncing up with Apple's release earlier this week, which could be the problem. Please feel free to send me a private message if you experience the same issue during your next flight. Thanks!

Nicole
Community Manager

dfwskier
Aviator A

@NicoleAshley wrote:

So sorry for the issues! Chrome’s actual operating system that is used within Chromebook is not supported, only the Chrome browser. 

I don't think that is correct, Nicole. 

Over the last three years, I've used two diferent Chromebooks and never had problems accessing tv or movies.

Sent via Chromebook as I sit on WN2274 MDW/DEN at the monent