Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Fearful Flyer

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@Beachflier1 wrote:

The last thing I'd want is  to be stuck in a middle seat at the back of the plane.

This is a great thread with lots of good advice and a wonderful Southwest surprise, but why no love for middle seats?

Seriously though, have a great trip, you've got a good attitude which is what's most important and Southwest will take good care of you.

--TheMiddleSeat

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

@Beachflier1,

After hearing you were a little nervous about your upcoming flight, we decided to send one our favorite Pilots to see you - and he comes bearing gifts! Keep an eye out for him this week! 

TeddyBear.jpg

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@LindseyD tooooo cool!  

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

AdamH

This is so awesome, Lindsey! I know this would make me feel better about flying. 🙂

Beachflier1
Explorer A

He is adorable! I can't wait! Thank you!

I will keep an eye out for him. I've cleared a landing strip on my front porch 😉

Beachflier1
Explorer A
Solution

Hi Everyone-

Look who landed on my doorstep before my departure! So many awesome goodies! 

Thanks, Lindsey and SWACommunity team!

Both of my flights went great! The LAX to OMA crew were really busy with boarding, so I kept wuiet about my nerves. Once we were airborne, I was fine. Sat right over the wings, used my Southwest charger to juice up my cell phone and enjoyed the wifi. Everything went so much better than I ever could have anticipated! Many thanks to everyone for their kind words and tips! Wuite possibly the cutest pilot I’ve ever seen! Love the goodies!Wuite possibly the cutest pilot I’ve ever seen! Love the goodies!

B7C14E2A-95AC-4BF9-9795-AB198BD3A051.jpeg

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@Beachflier1 thanks for coming back and checking in. I knew you would handle it like a pro!  Great job, and don’t wait toooo long before you book your next SWA flight. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

AdamH

@Beachflier1 So glad to hear that your flight went great! Way to tackle those fears!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Beachflier1 wrote:

Any thoughtful advice? Take off and climb to altitude are especially nerve-wracking for me. I'm also not looking forward to the more cramped seating configuration 😞

Thanks!

Your friend probably mentioned NOT to fly out of SNA then if the climbing to altitude is nerve-wracking. Due to the residential areas around the airport they have to climb out of there pretty steep.

Stick with LAX - 75,000,000 people per year, they must be doing something right there.

However if you don't like crowds, SNA would be the way to go, other than the relatively steep take-off it's a very pleasant facility.

Burbank is another interesting one - not as comfy as SNA, but smaller and easy to navigate.

I haven't flown from Ontario in the LA metro. If LAX is convenient for you, stick with that.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Beachflier1
Explorer A

Yes, she mentioned the take-off roll out of SNA is quite steep..short runway plus noise abatement regs. Will be flying out of LAX; direct non-stop flight (less stress of making connection) and cheaper than SNA, which would have been $200 or more.

I have another friend who flies out of Burbank regularly...loves it and breezes thru security in half the time. Too far away for me, but I always recommened it to people who are flying into that part of L.A.