Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

In Flight Wife Charges/Customer Service Response by Southwest

Rkelleher
Explorer C

I was recently on a Southwest flight and, after purchasing Wifi, I received an email that they had debited my card 3 separate times for the same single charge.  I politely brought it to the attention of the flight crew and they were rather dismissive of me and told me to register my complaint online.  So, I did.  I went through the Southwest portal for emailing them complaints.  I asked for them to address this asap as I felt it was rediculous that I be charged like this but since it is a relatively small amount ($8 per charge) it would be easy for me to just forget when I was done traveling.  I received a file number and an email that I would get a response within 24 hours. I did not get a response in 24 hours.  I did just get a response that said they were now transfering my complaint to another department.  This is absolutely rediculous that they would go through all of this for a small refund.  Of course, I tried to respond to their email today and their email does not allow responses and sent me back to the original page to file a complaint from Sunday.  I re-filed my complaint and let them know I would no longer be using them moving forward if this is not rectified immediately.  It is sad, really, because I use Southwest exclusively (when possible) for work and personal travel mainly because of the excellent customer service.  The dismissive attitude of the in flight staff and now this with their lack of timely response is ruining that reputation.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: In Flight Wife Charges/Customer Service Response by Southwest

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Rkelleher wrote:

I was recently on a Southwest flight and, after purchasing Wifi, I received an email that they had debited my card 3 separate times for the same single charge.  I politely brought it to the attention of the flight crew and they were rather dismissive of me and told me to register my complaint online.  So, I did.  I went through the Southwest portal for emailing them complaints.  I asked for them to address this asap as I felt it was rediculous that I be charged like this but since it is a relatively small amount ($8 per charge) it would be easy for me to just forget when I was done traveling.  I received a file number and an email that I would get a response within 24 hours. I did not get a response in 24 hours.  I did just get a response that said they were now transfering my complaint to another department.  This is absolutely rediculous that they would go through all of this for a small refund.  Of course, I tried to respond to their email today and their email does not allow responses and sent me back to the original page to file a complaint from Sunday.  I re-filed my complaint and let them know I would no longer be using them moving forward if this is not rectified immediately.  It is sad, really, because I use Southwest exclusively (when possible) for work and personal travel mainly because of the excellent customer service.  The dismissive attitude of the in flight staff and now this with their lack of timely response is ruining that reputation.

The inflight crew shouldn't be dismissive, but it is true they don't have anything to do with the billing for wifi. Hopefully on future flights you don't have the problem, or if you do the crew would be supportive even if they can't answer the question.

If you use twitter, I would consider a message to @SouthwestAir - don't send any personally identifying information until they ask for a direct message.

Otherwise keep trying, although I agree it won't be worth your time to chase down $16 at some point.

Did you call the customer relations number (not the general customer service line)?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

dfwskier
Aviator A

If the airline doesn't do anything about the triple charge, just protest the duplicate charges with the financial institution that issued the card. That insitution will ask Southwest for an explanation.

That will fix the issue.

It is disappointing that you did not receive a satisfactory response to your written complaint.

Lmkel68
Adventurer C

Just dispute the charges with your credit card company or head to twitter. I usually get quicker responses using twitter

@Rkelleher wrote:

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

@Rkelleher,

Firstly - so sorry to hear about the triple charge. The right thing to do is make sure you get a refund, and we will do just that. 

If you've sent your information to us via the web form on the Southwest.com "Contact Us" page, you should receive a response with 7-10 business days. Did you receive a Service Request number?