Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Lost Nintendo Switch

Lsmith511
Explorer C

My son left his Switch on our flight from Chicago to Albany, NY last night. It’s in a black case and has orange and purple controllers. I have filed a report and spoken to someone in the baggage department of Southwest at Albany airport. He is devastated as this is an item he worked and saved up for so he could buy it himself. I know he left it on the floor of the plane, we were seated in the row behind the exit row, on the right side as you face the back of the plane. It was flight 949, from Chicago to Albany. Please please please, I’m praying that this turns up. Please reach out if anyone has any info. 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Lost Nintendo Switch

bec102896
Aviator A

Sorry to hear your son left his Nintendo Switch on the flight last night. 

If there is a serial number of any kind that you know of be sure to put that on the lost and found report as this will help with determining that it is his and not someone else’s. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible on the report. 

Hope the Nintendo is found and returned soon!

Blake 

SWDigits
Aviator A

@Lsmith511 double checking, did you file the online report?  That's where you would enter the serial number if you have it:

https://live.nettracer.aero/southwest-paxview/lostandfound/landing.do

Customer | Home airport DCA

Lsmith511
Explorer C

Thank you, I did. I also spoke to someone at the southwest baggage claim.  It’s very discouraging because we know EXACTLY where we left it. And the case is black. It’s very unlikely that another passenger came across it since it was under the seat and unlikely visible, plus very late at night and the last flight of the day for that plane. It had to have been found by a flight attendant or cleaning person. I wish I felt like people were honest and would turn it in, and I’m trying so hard to have faith that it will turn up. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

Sorry to hear that your son left his Nintendo Switch on the plane.

The truth of the matter is that SW hanfle tens of thousands of lost item reports. It is impossible for SW to give pesonal attention to all of these. So the airline  has a lost item procedure. Found items are shipped to a central location in Alabama. At that location, people try to match found items with lost item reports. The process works a lot, but not all of the time. I understand your son's anxiey about the situation, but the process takes time as the location, as I said earlier, involves the receipt of tens of thousands of lost items.

The surest way of getting an item back is to include a serial number of the lost item

Here's evidence that the process does work. I hope that it works for your son.

https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/Travel-Policies/Left-iPad-on-a-plane/m-p/91922

Lsmith511
Explorer C

I appreciate that and will try to be patient. That gives me some hope that it may turn up. Thank you. 

SWDigits
Aviator A

This is slightly off topic but the original post reminded me of when I was little and I used layaway at Gemco to buy my very own Atari 2600.  I stayed up ALL night playing Space Invaders when I was finally able to bring it home.  I would have been very sad to lose it 😞 so I'm really hoping the Nintendo Switch makes it back "home".

SWDigits
Aviator A

For context my understanding is that everything is sent to a central facility located in Alabama then matched to the lost reports.  I've seen multiple reports of successful reunions reported here in the forums, especially when serial numbers are included.  It seems like it usually takes 10 days or so but it can take longer for it to make it back to you.  I can't imagine how many items are left on planes every day so I don't know what other process they could use...