Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Made it almost all the way through my Christmas Movie

Lindsey
Adventurer A

...and then the inflight wifi signal failed. Such a bummer. I was about 20 minutes from the end of Home Alone (side note: did any of us actually realize how horrible Kevin's family was when this movie came out in 1990 because it is reeeaally bad). I was on a Pixelbook and actually had a lot of trouble getting the movie started as well. Any other Pixelbook / Chromebook users have similar troubles? It seemed to work fine on my iOS devices. 

@Lindsey
Former Employee, Fan for Life.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Made it almost all the way through my Christmas Movie

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Lol, I was recently discussing how dumb the burglars were. Why not just move on to another house? The whole movie is pretty horrible, yet fun for Christmas. 

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

Yeah, the movie is definitely not a 5 star movie.

As far a you missing the last 20 minutes of the movie, the system is pretty smart. If it's till showing on your next flight, and you select it, the movie will automatically  begin at the point where you lost signal. 

I use a chromebook and almost never have problems viewing movies - presumably because the content resides on the aircraft as opposed to the ground.

Content residing on the ground (live tv for example) almost always is a continuing start and stop  adventure.

Lindsey
Adventurer A

@TheMiddleSeat oh my gosh I know, lol. Like why the obsession with this one particular house? And while I thought the “party” Kevin throws was pretty convincing when I was a kid, I now see that a Michael Jordan cutout riding around a train track does not remotely look like a real human. 

Also, does aftershave really burn that bad? I’ve never had occasion to use it. Inquiring minds need to know. 

jksobonya
Aviator A

Oh I love the Home Alone movies! It's one of those rare things when the sequel is just as good as the original! Home Alone 2 in particular, is amusing to watch now with the snafu that happened with the flight Kevin was trying to board. If you recall, he "bumped into" the gate agent making her drop all the tickets she was holding, and his ticket got "lost" in the pile. Kevin was able to board as long as he could "locate" his Dad on the plane. And he could also sit in "any seat" he wanted? Was this a Southwest flight? 😉 It wouldn't happen today!!

The entire "Home Alone" situation wouldn't happen today because of technology, computers, and cell phones. There's a popular meme that shows a text from Kevin to his Mom saying he is home alone, with a reply that they are coming right back to get him. 😄 

--Jessica

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

I sometimes run into issues with my Pixelbook. When I do, I'm also able to open the same material on an iPad and Dell laptop and it works fine there.

- Wifi portal won't load

- Can't access inflight entertainment

- Etc.

Was never able to find the root of the issue.

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

Lindsey
Adventurer A

@ZevSupport alright another Pixelbook user! How do you like it? I love mine - I never would have gotten one if it weren’t for work, but now that I have it I find myself reaching for it way more than my MacBook Pro. It’s lighter, faster, and super easy to use. I might be an Android convert. 😬

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

I've always been a ChromeOS fan, considering I do their support on Twitter too 😉. I love it's speed, updates, and how it's all literally one program: Chrome. 

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

@Lindsey We just finished watching a pop up edition that was hilarious. Every the crooks got hurt, it listed the possible injuries they would have had! 

Also it was so crazy over the top and unrealistic. A definite classic. LOL

-A List, Companion Pass holder