Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Playing InFlight Movies Issue

dukeleet1
Explorer C

My tablet (ASUS ZenPad 3S 10, Android 7.0) has been working very well since 2017. I usually fly with southwest once or twice a month, so I know everything went well at least on the flight on Dec 3rd 2019.

However, during my most recent flight on Dec 13th, my tablet started to show this weird message while connecting to either Airtime Player or Southwest app. It never worked throughout the flight no matter what I tried, e.g. reboot the system, closing all other apps, clear app cache, etc. Does anyone know to solve this issue?

"Provisioning required, Internet connection needed to finish this process, please wait for some time..."

IMAG4561.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Playing InFlight Movies Issue

dfwskier
Aviator A

Your attachement is not visible as it has to be cleared by the moderators.

Can you tell us what it said.

dukeleet1
Explorer C

"Provisioning required, Internet connection needed to finish this process, please wait for some time..."

bec102896
Aviator A

I personally have not heard of that error or seen it myself. 

Maybe try to uninstall and reinstall the app or make sure the apps are up to date. If it still doesn’t work on your next flight I would recommend sending the error to Southwest on twitter and maybe they can help with troubleshooting. 

If it works on your next flight then it may have been a case of the Friday the 13th gremlins or just a hick up with that WiFi hotspot. 

-Blake