Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southworst Airlines

Bpoppie46
Explorer C

This company is in a tailspin, constant flight delays and excuse after excuse.  This is not the airline for business travelers as you will never be on time.  As a new one for me, we sat at the gate for an hour waiting for passengers that were delayed from another flight.  Who care that people were then late for their flights and missed connections.  They should stop putting departure times on the board and just use a default delayed message.  Pathetic!!

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Southworst Airlines

rtbarron
Frequent Flyer A

Sorry to hear about your poor experience on Southwest but, honestly, delays occur at every airline.

During 2017, Southwest flights were only delayed 21.45% of the time which is consistent with both United (20.13%) and American (21.03%).

bec102896
Aviator A

Sorry to hear about your recent experience with delayed flights they are no fun but they happen. if you would like to discuss with southwest directly feel free to call customer relations at 855-234-4654 or you can send southwest a message on Twitter and they can try to help address your concerns but unfortunately in the world today all airlines have delays and some of those delays are out of the airlines control. 

Hope your future flights are on time 

Blake 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Bpoppie46 wrote:

This company is in a tailspin, constant flight delays and excuse after excuse.  This is not the airline for business travelers as you will never be on time.  As a new one for me, we sat at the gate for an hour waiting for passengers that were delayed from another flight.  Who care that people were then late for their flights and missed connections.  They should stop putting departure times on the board and just use a default delayed message.  Pathetic!!

Actually I just saw a different post (wasn't it yours?) that a flight was delayed while the connecting passengers arrived late.

So they care sometimes, but in this case inconveniently so for that flight. Maybe it was a case where the connections were on the last flight of the day or something? It's not my experience that any airline would hold a flight more than 20 minutes for connections but who knows what else was going on that day.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager
Solution

@Bpoppie46,

Flight delays are frustrating, absolutely, and I think you'll find sympathetic ears here on the Community. That said, I ask that you please not post the same message on multiple discussion boards, as it dilutes conversation and makes it difficult for Members to know which thread they should engage in/on with their comments. 

While the Community is a Customer-to-Customer discussion forum that is best utilized for sharing ideas, tips, and travel stories, our Customer Relations Department is better equipped to resolve individual issues. We'd love to take some time to better understand your situation and address your concerns, so please reach out via Twitter (@Southwestair) or give us a call at 1-855-234-4654.

Debbiedean
Explorer C

I love your post... SOUTHWORST... so appropriate. My flight from Phoenix to Tampa got cancelled due to weather. How odd though I called Tampa internal airport to see if other flights were canceling flying into Tampa due to weather and they were surprised to hear my flight had been cancelled as no other major airlines had cancelled any flights. Seeing as there was only 5 other people on my flight headed to Tampa I’m guessing they just canceled due to lack of revenue. The CSA could easily be replaced by robots as they have no common knowledge about anything except why is popping up on their screen. Had many alternative flights that left 2-3-4 hours later ( all with seats available)however they booked me on a flight leaving 7 hours later and then that flight was delayed. WORST AIRLINE, WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE, WORST EXCUSES. Still sitting in airport; what should hve been a 7 hour flight from Portland Oregon to Tampa, Fl is now going to be a 14 hour delay; cost me work and time. SOUTHWORST is a perfect name!!!!

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience

As mentioned earlier in the thread, this is primarily a customer to customer forum.

For resolution of your specific complaint you probably should contact Southwest customer relations which would be  better equipped to resolve your issue. You can contact via Twitter (@Southwestair) or  call at 1-855-234-4654.

Debbiedean
Explorer C

I am allowed to share my opinion; you can like it or not. I realize the forum, apparently you don’t understand the problem.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Debbiedean wrote:

I am allowed to share my opinion; you can like it or not. I realize the forum, apparently you don’t understand the problem.

I presume your comment is directed to me since I can't find any response from any other person.

I  made no judgement about the merit or appropriateness of your comment, and you certainly have every right to make it here.

The point I was trying to make is that if you would like resolution to your specific incident is that resolution would likey not happen here. Should you want resolution that request would best be made to Souhwest customer reltions.

Debbiedean
Explorer C

I totally agree with you; excuse after excuse and constant neglect or concern for the passengers. However, don’t be surprised with the gooey responses from people who don’t speak up regarding lack of customer service from a company, and offer some shallow advice.