Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Travel to and from Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria

sheila_874
Explorer C

I have resorted to this forum to bring awareness about what is happening in Puerto Rico. I love to travel Southwest and my family loves it to. This is not a complain but more a request for help. After several days from the passage of Hurricane Maria, travel to and from Puerto Rico has not resume. We do not see a sense of urgency to correct this problem. We need answers, millions of US citizens are in need of the supplies we have collected and hundreds of sick and elderly people need to leave the island. I purchased a ticket for my mother and it was cancelled. Southwest has been accomodating but we still don't see any news or are getting any answers about what efforts if any are in place to get this resolved. Please give us answers.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Travel to and from Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria

ksmhartman
Explorer C

I'm having the same issues. My love for Southwest is leaving me as I cannot get them to assist with taking NEW in the box generators even as other airlines are doing so. Please help us SOUTHWEST. Where is the LOVE?

Re: Travel to and from Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria

Explorer C

I agree!

United and American Airlines have done it for me and my colleagues. 

I do not understand the inflexibility.  Southwest is a leader in providing customer service- this is the epitome of that.

Respectfully,

-Noel