Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Wonderful Experience

flyshooter
Explorer C

My brother was traveling from MHT to PHX with a foreign exchange student, changing planes in MDW. I was traveling home and noticed that I could fly from ATL to PHX via MDW and my plane was going to be my brother’s connection. I thought it would be fun to be on the aircraft when they boarded and surprise them. So when I landed in MDW I was the only “through.” The flight attendants and I were having a little party over the wing and the First Officer came back to chat. His first question was, “why in the world would you fly home to PHX via Chicago when there are plenty of non-stops?” I told him that my brother and his foreign exchange student were out there in line waiting to board and I was here to surprise them. He said, “wow, I’ll be back.” The next thing I knew, here comes my brother and the college student boarding looking like cows looking at a new gate. They didn’t know what was going on until jumped out in the aisle and hollered, “SURPRISE!” The pilot went out and called for my brother and Petr and gave them a special boarding. Here’s a picture of us all alone in the aircraft...taken by that nice First Officer.

That was one of my best days of travel ever...and I’ve had thousands of them! Thanks SWA for always going above and beyond. James Siverts - Ken Siverts - Petr Placek.

3CAC2B43-4434-4500-ABA6-B2704F319F8D.png

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Wonderful Experience

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

@flyshooter 

Thanks for sharing your great positive experience here in the community! 

One thing I LUV about Southwests schedules is sometimes the connection flight (even as crazy as the connection may be) sometimes allow for connecting with friends and family around the world. I do this a few times a year myself because I look at it as hey we can hang out on the flight and arrive together I don't mind going out of my way a bit.

If you get a chance I recommend you send Southwest a message on Twitter or Facebook so they can pass on the kudos to the crew and their supervisors. 

-Blake 

Re: Wonderful Experience

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

And if you do reach out to SW directly, be sure to include specifics like flight numbers, dates, name if you have them so that the airline can recognize the proper individuals!

-A List, Companion Pass holder