Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

BWI-SXM

danzooo
Explorer C

I have seen some discussions from back in 2017 about SWA going direct to SXM. Not sure why this hasn't happened yet. The island has mostly recovered from Hurricane Irma. So tourism is back to normal. Additionally, SXM is the jumping off point for visitors going to Anguilla, St Barts, and Saba to name a few. So it seems like a no brainer to me.   Please give me an update on this. Thanks, Dan.

1 REPLY 1

Re: BWI-SXM

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@danzooo wrote:

I have seen some discussions from back in 2017 about SWA going direct to SXM. Not sure why this hasn't happened yet. The island has mostly recovered from Hurricane Irma. So tourism is back to normal. Additionally, SXM is the jumping off point for visitors going to Anguilla, St Barts, and Saba to name a few. So it seems like a no brainer to me.   Please give me an update on this. Thanks, Dan.

You should probably use the "contact us" link on the Southwest.com page to reach the airline directly.

Anyone here can chime in of course if anything is known or suspected, but as a customer-to-customer forum we won't know details that haven't been announced somewhere.

I haven't heard of Southwest commenting specifically on new destinations for the most part, although perhaps international service does have a higher level of speculation and promotion.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.