Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

BWI to SJO nonstop gone?

camoran
Explorer C

As someone else has noted, it seems that the BWI to SJO nonstop flight is gone after mid-August. Now, there's only the option to transfer through HOU or FLL for double the price the nonstop was.

Someone on the other thread suggested that the flights may only be seasonal-- they're not (or weren't, at least) and if they *were* seasonal, they'd be available for Dec/Jan/Feb which they are not.

I'm incredibly disappointed by this. My husband is from Costa Rica and we (and his family) use that route frequently. We became SWA credit card holders because of this route. I can't handle paying double to get a worse flight (the flight change) and running the risk that the non-US passport holders among us get caught up at passport control and miss the connection (which is one reason why people, including us, generally are happy to pay more for a direct flight internationally). Why would we continue to choose SWA when other airlines provide us with a connecting flight that we can control the layover time AND which lands at DCA (significanlty more convinient) for $200 less?

This terrible logic, plus the sudden nature of this change has really given a huge blow to my opinion of Southwest. It is this route that brought me into the fold (I'd never even flown this airline before!) and I've had nothing but positive experiences....until now. 😞

3 REPLIES 3

Re: BWI to SJO nonstop gone?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I see nonstop BWI-SJO and SJO-BWI flights on Saturdays beginning Nov 11. 

scandium
Explorer C

But only Saturday?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

That's what I found in a quick search. Better than none!