Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Flights from CA to Costa Rica all gone???

calichick925
Explorer C

I just flew to LIR from OAK via LAX three weeks ago....VERY limited flights only on certain days....check out the fare calendar.

jhufferd
Explorer C

I cant find a single flight for July from LAX to LIR.  Will this addressed in the system upgrade/merger coming on the 9th?

jhufferd
Explorer C

How is this solved?  There are no flights this summer to LIR?

firefly333
Explorer C

Liberta Costa Rica was on my list to go to soon, after I do my next trip perhaps so I tried a trial booking, and got a error message as well. I live in Dallas so changing planes in Houston I would think would be np. The error message said either my departure or destination city was in error. I can see flights out of Houston, odd I cant figure out how to book from Dallas, worse comes to worse, i guess i could drive down to Houston, but I wonder why it wouldnt let me book out of Dallas. Its a short hop fight to Houston. Its about a 5 hour drive to Houston so of course Id rather book Dallas to Liberta. ERROR. wierd, thanks for the heads up with this post.

Esteban
Explorer A

I just booked one for October from ABQ, they don't fly everyday, so check other dates i know they fly out on Wednesdays and back on mondays.

firefly333
Explorer C

Hi, since this thread was about Liberia, I thought I would ask it here rather than start a new thread. Does anyone know about mosquitoes I have never been there, and just read there are lots. I was considering flying there and staying at the Hacienda Guachipelin at the base of a volcano. Now Im reading there are a lot of mosquitos in the region? Id love to see Costa Rica.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

That's a good question, @firefly333. I wonder if any of our frequent forum posters have been to Costa Rica and could offer an answer. @franktravel? @chgoflyer? @DancingDavidE? @TheMiddleSeat?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I haven't been personally. A co-worker visited recently and I don't remember him saying anything specifically about mosquitos although you should ask the hotel if there is a seasonal uptick in mosquitos, perhaps after a rainy period, and maybe it isn't so bad other times of the year.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Thanks @LindseyD I wish I could say I've been, even had a trip planned out, but canceled because of concerns about mosquitoes and the unknown impact of Zeka. That was last summer and now that additional research has been done Costa Rica is back on the bucket list. Perhaps next year. I too would love to hear from others who might have first hand experience.