Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flying to Tokyo -- Southwest to LA - Singapore Airlines to Tokyo

jaimeinparker
Explorer C

I will be flying from Denver to LAX via SWest and then continuing on to Tokyo via Singapore Airlines - my question is, is it possible to get my luggage checked all the way through or will I have to leave the secure area to retrieve my bags and then go thru TSA once again?

Thank you in advance,

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Flying to Tokyo -- Southwest to LA - Singapore Airlines to Tokyo

jocrull
Explorer C
Solution

Not sure you still need this info, but in February I flew to LAX on Southwest then Air New Zealand to Auckland.  I retrieved my luggage in LAX and then checked my bags again for the flight to Auckland.  It's a bit of a hike from terminal 1 (SW) to the international terminal, but doable even for an old lady!

Re: Flying to Tokyo -- Southwest to LA - Singapore Airlines to Tokyo

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@jaimeinparker wrote:

I will be flying from Denver to LAX via SWest and then continuing on to Tokyo via Singapore Airlines - my question is, is it possible to get my luggage checked all the way through or will I have to leave the secure area to retrieve my bags and then go thru TSA once again?

Thank you in advance,

Anytime you go from Southwest to another airline you'll have to re-check, Southwest doesn't have any agreements in place with other airlines to take over luggage.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.