Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Houston Hobby to Aruba Saturday direct flights

ajpace
Explorer C

I am starting to look at Houston to Aruba direct flights for March 2018. 

We have flown direct from HOU to Aruba on Saturday's for a few years now. 

However, I see the last direct flight listed from Hobby on a Saturday is in early January 2018. 

Is this correct?? I hope not. What happened to the direct flights, or have they just not been listed yet? Does anyone with Southwest know about this or heard anything?

Also, the flight back to Houston from AUA on a Monday now goes to FLL instead of MCO with a later arrival and much longer layover?? Any info on any changes to that would be helpful. 

Thanks, 

Andy

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Houston Hobby to Aruba Saturday direct flights

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I don't know about the HOU flights, but here is some info about the switch from MCO to FLL

• Beautiful Aruba also gets some attention in March, when we shift our Aruba-Orlando nonstop to our digs in the new Ft. Lauderdale International Terminal!  The new Aruba-Ft. Lauderdale daily roundtrip will not only offer South Florida a new way to get to the Netherland Antilles, it offers a consolidated, single-terminal international experience for Southwest Customers from elsewhere in the U.S. And Southwest is growing our international footprint from Ft. Lauderdale quickly—Aruba will be the 10th international destination served from this gateway. Aruba also has a PreClear set up thanks to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection so it makes connecting back in the states a breeze since you arrive as if you’re a domestic traveler.

Re: Houston Hobby to Aruba Saturday direct flights

ajpace
Explorer C

Come to find out, Southwest will be discontinuing all direct flights from Houston-Hobby to Aruba starting March 8, 2018, 2 days before spring break! Not a good decision at all!

Yea, I get they want to have flights from FLL now to Aruba, but to totally eliminate flights from Houston to Aruba is very puzzling. Now they list to go to BWI first then Aruba?! Please. 

Plus trying to get from Houston to FLL, they don't even offer an early AM flight to get there, to even connect at FLL to go onto Aruba! Makes no sense. And trying to go from Houston to FLL the day before and stay over, they want to charge almost $500 one way! Come on Southwest, get with it! 

Thanks.