Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Houston to Liberia

bbremer
Explorer C

Hello, 

I'm looking at travelling from Houston to Liberia in the fall and it looks as though the schedule switches to Saturday's only in September.  Is this a permanent change, or will flights continue to depart everyday?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Houston to Liberia

OWLSP
Explorer C

I am curious about this too. Even with the schedule through Nov 3 now, it is still only Saturday flights. We recently took this flight (#691) on a Wednesday and a Sunday. It was full flight both ways. Is the full week of flights coming back? I cant find any press releases about the change. We are looking at going again this year, but the Saturday only is not an option.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @bbremer and @OWLSP,

Published service is rarely set in stone, and it will often change each time we have a schedule release. Our Network Planning Team takes great care to build a schedule that serves the greatest number of Customer with a limited number of aircraft. Take Heart, there's a chance those flights you enjoy will make a re-appearance in a future schedule release. 

SJ15TX
Explorer C

I'm a little bit confused. Can we reasonably expect more HOU-LIR flights to become available in September? We're looking to book a honeymoon and aren't wild about the idea of departing one week after the wedding!

OWLSP
Explorer C

SJ15TX, from the looks of it I wouldnt count on anything being added by then. You may look at flying into San Jose, staying in a hotel there that first night (since it lands after dark), then driving to your destination the next day. Driving after dark there just is not a good idea. Just use the Saturday LIR-HOU as your return home flight. If we return to Costa Rica, that is how I will have to do it. Just another (or probably only) option in your case.

If this flight schedule would have been not been changed, we would be heading back to CR this year. The schedule changed mess that up for us.